A patch test and strand test is essential before beginning a hair color or lightening process. MANIC PANIC® Hair Color is PPD FREE but some people do develop allergies to different color dyes throughout their lives. For that reason you should always perform a patch test!
- Select a small test area, about the size of a quarter, behind the ear or in the inner fold of the elbow.
- Wash the test area gently with mild soap and water. Dab dry with a clean towel.
- Cover the clean test area with a thin coat of the specific shade of Manic Panic Hair Color desired.
- Allow the test area to dry. Leave it uncovered and undisturbed for 24 hours.
- Examine the test area carefully. If there are any signs of irritation, then under no circumstances should the product be used.
- Should you have any further concerns, please consult a licensed dermatologist.
- If the patch test goes well, move on to the strand test!