it's our strongest blue ever - use sparingly!
How'd he do it?
"I first bleached random spots all over my head. Then I used Virgin Snow™ for one hour and rinsed it out. After applying Rockabilly™ Blue to ten spots I put a plastic bag over it and slept for 5 hours. Once I woke up I rinsed with cold water. The results are amazing!!!"
Rockabilly Blue Tips
Manic Panic has just released Rockabilly Blue for our 35 year "Manniversary”. It is our highest pigmented hair color and should be used sparingly. Here are a few tips to “Rock” this color:
· Always wear protective coloring gloves when applying and rinsing color out
· Make sure to use petroleum jelly or a thick conditioner around the hairline and ears to prevent any unwanted staining
· Apply to dry hair sparingly, this color is so strong you won’t need a lot
· Comb through to make sure it is applied evenly
· Let process until hair color dries, this will prevent any unwanted bleeding
· Put on protective gloves. Do not Rinse hair in the Shower.
· Rinse with cool water away from the face!!
· Rinse until water runs clear, this may take some time but it’s worth it
· Once water runs clear, apply a thick conditioner to hair and rinse again until water runs clear
see more great Dyehard photos on
© Tish & Snooky's NYC Inc. All Rights Reserved
How'd She do it?
"I bleached to almost pure white. We then painted the Rockabilly Blue into my hair. I left it under a shower cap for 45 minutes then heated it with my blow dryer for another 10 minutes. I rinsed it twice and conditioned it.
This photo was taken after I shampooed it - I've since shampooed two more times and the color has not faded except for a tiny bit at the roots.
Tips & Tricks
Normally I don't wash my hair after coloring but i found with this color it was necessary. It is extremely thick and expect to have your skin turn slightly blue for the first couple of days. I found that a baby wipe* came in very handy for clean up. The slight bit of blue on your skin is totally worth it though. I have received TONS of compliments on this color!"
* MANIC PANIC DYE AWAY™ Hair Color Remover Wipes for Skin coming soon!